- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp garlic chives, chopped (or one extra garlic clove)
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, skin off
- 1 handful plain flour, for dredging
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 handfulpanko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 handful wild mushroom, cleaned, trimmed & diced
- 1 handful rocket
- olive oil, for drizzling
1. In a bowl, mix the butter, garlic, half the garlic chives and 1 tablespoon of chopped flat-leaf parsley along with some salt and pepper.
2. Make a pocket in the thickest part of the chicken breast using a sharp knife. Spoon the garlic butter into the pocket and pinch it closed.
3. Dip the chicken breast in some seasoned flour, dust off any excess. Next dip in the seasoned, beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs, ensuring that all parts of the breast are covered.
4. Cook gently in a warm oiled frying pan so that the breadcrumbs dont burn but the chicken cooks through (6-7 minutes each side).
5. In a separate frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Cook the mushrooms over a high heat, starting with thicker/meatier pieces first and, once coloured, adding any thinner ones. Once all the mushrooms are coloured, add the remaining garlic chives and parsley. Season and allow the herbs to wilt.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and allow to rest for 1 minute.
7. Add a handful of trimmed rocket to the mushrooms, remove from the heat and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Put the chicken onto the serving plate and place the mushrooms alongside, garnished with sprigs of flat-leaf parsley.
Rate This Recipe