- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- green cardamom, lightly crushed (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 5-7 cashew nuts, or almonds
- 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- pinch garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Stir in the cardamom (if using), turmeric, cumin, coriander and salt.
3. Add the tomato puree.
4. Reduce the heat, stir in the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk.
6. Grind the nuts using a pestle and mortar or food processor and add them to the mixture with 200ml of freshly boiled water. Simmer gently for 7 minutes.
7. Add the ginger and garam masala.
8. Serve with naan bread and a crisp green salad.
Rate This Recipe