- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- green cardamom, slightly crushed (optional)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 5-7 cashew nuts, or almonds, ground
- 1 cm ginger, grated
- pinches garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok, and add the onion, garlic and chilli and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Add the cardamoms if using.
3. Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and tomato puree.
4. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Fry over a low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and add the ground nuts.
6. Stir in 200ml of hot water and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is just tender.
7. Add the ginger and sprinkle over the garam masala. Serve with naan bread or basmati rice and a crisp green salad.
Rate This Recipe