- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 slices pugliese bread or sourdough bread, cut to 1cm thickness
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling and frying
- 120 g spinach leaves
- 80 g chicken livers
- 1/2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 70 g Talegio cheese
1. Toast the bread under the grill and lightly rub with the garlic clove. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the spinach until the leaves have wilted. Season well and tip into a sieve so that any extra liquid drains away.
3. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry chopped shallot until softened. Tip the chicken livers into the hot pan and cook briskly for 2-3 minutes - the centres should still remain pink. Add the brandy and tip the pan towards the heat so it catches alight. Add the butter and set aside.
4. Spoon the spinach over the toasted bread and top with the chicken livers. Thickly slice the cheese and remove the crusts. Place on top of the bruschetta and cook under the grill for 2-3 minutes.
5. Season with black pepper and Maldon sea salt and finish with another drizzle olive of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe