- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 250 g crusty baguettes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g bacon lardons
- 400 g chicken livers
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 200 g cooked left-over chicken, cubed
- 1 x 200 g bag mixed salad leaves
For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 125 g raspberries
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lay the bread on a baking tray, then toss it in 4 tablespoons of the olive oil for the salad, making sure that it is well coated. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon lardons until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Season the chicken livers then fry them in the same pan for about three minutes each side.
3. For the dressing, whisk the mustard and vinegar together to emulsify it, then add 100g of the raspberries. Lightly crush the berries with a fork and gradually pour in the virgin olive oil. Stir in the tarragon.
4. To serve, toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, including the leaves. Moisten with the dressing and garnish with the remaining raspberries.
Rate This Recipe