- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g lentils, di Castelluccio or puy
- 100 g sliced pancetta
- 250 g chicken livers
- sprigs sage
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g mixed spring leaves, such radicchio, dandelion, rocket, castelfranco
1. Put the lentils into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for about 25 minutes or until soft. While the lentils are cooking, prepare the pancetta and chicken livers.
2. In a frying pan, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove the pancetta from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the chicken livers to the pan and cook until golden brown.
4. Return the pancetta to the pan and add the chopped sage.
5. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
6. Drain the cooked lentils, season with salt and pepper to taste, then add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
7. In a large bowl, combine remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add the spring leaves and lentils and toss gently to combine.
8. To serve, divide the leaf and lentil mixture between two plates, then arrange the chicken livers and pancetta carefully on top.
Rate This Recipe