- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g broad beans, podded
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- handful of leaves basil
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 450 g fresh tagliatelle
- 200 g pecorino cheese, grated
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g chicken livers, (soaked for 1 hour in about 500ml milk)
- 100 ml sherry
1. Place half the beans in a food processor with the garlic, basil and a little of the olive oil. Pulse until the mixture resembles a loose, coarse pulp. Mix together with the whole remaining beans and set aside. If the mixture seems a little too firm, soften with extra olive oil.
2. Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al-dente.
3. Remove the chicken livers from the milk and pat dry. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the chicken livers for 1-2 minutes, until lightly coloured on all sides but still very pink in the middle. Pour over the sherry and flame it, and bubble until almost completely evaporated. Set aside.
4. Drain the pasta, leaving a small amount of the cooking liquid to keep it quite moist, and add it to the broad bean sauce. Add the Pecorino and toss well. Season to taste.
5. Divide the pasta between 4 warmed plates and top with the livers, drizzling over any juices. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe