- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 heads radicchio, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 slices sourdough bread
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground star anise
- ¼ ground white pepper
- 170 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 55 g butter
- ¼ lemons, juice only
1. Preheat the grill to high, or place a griddle pan over a high heat. Turn the oven to a low setting.
2. Brush the radicchio with olive oil then grill or griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until softened and slightly charred in places. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
3. Grill or griddle the bread to your liking and keep it warm too.
4. Mix all the spices together in a bowl and roll the chicken livers in them, making sure that they are well coated.
5. In a frying pan, heat the butter over a medium-high heat until foaming. Tip in the livers and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden brown on the outside and pink and juicy inside, or until cooked to your liking.
6. Divide the radicchio between two warm serving plates, scatter the chicken livers and any pan juices on top then squeeze over some lemon juice and season with salt. Serve at once with the griddled sourdough.
Rate This Recipe