- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 large good-quality pork sausages
- 25 g black olives, stoned and finely chopped
- 01 lemons, grated zest onlyfinely grated
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- 25 g parmesan, coarsely grated
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 small tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. To prepare the stuffing slit each sausage skin lengthways and remove the meat. Put into a bowl, adding the olives, lemon zest, thyme, sage, salt and pepper, and mix well.
2. Unfold and lay out the chicken thighs, smooth side down, season and fill with a tablespoon of sausage meat stuffing.
3. Bring each edge of the chicken towards the middle, over the stuffing and arrange in an ovenproof dish, join side down. Season all over.
4. Blend together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour over the thighs, ensuring all are covered and then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce is piping hot.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve with herby crushed new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe