- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the marinade
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
For the pappardelle bordelaise
- 500 g fresh or dried pappardelle
- 1 heads roasted garlic, crushed
- 1 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 100 ml sweet white wine
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 2 beef tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 bunches parsley, chopped
- 150 g parmesan, freshly grated
- lemon wedges, to garnish (optional)
1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and gently bat out with a rolling pin or meat hammer to form thin escalopes.
2. Add the lemon juice, shallot, cayenne pepper, olive oil and black pepper into a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add the chicken, turn to coat and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat a griddle pan or grill to high. Remove the chicken from the marinade, season with salt on both sides and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
6. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and fry for a few seconds.
7. Add the wine and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the butter, diced tomato and parsley and cook for a further 30 seconds.
9. Return the drained spaghetti to the pan. Add the sauce and toss well to thoroughly coat the pasta.
10. Toss in the Parmesan cheese and serve with the hot chicken paillards. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Rate This Recipe