- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g potatoes, chopped
- 75 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 4cm cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small carrots, roughly diced
- 175 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 splashes soy sauce
- 1 tbsp frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- steamed broccoli, to serve, optional
1. Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, then boil for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash with the melted butter and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for another minute.
5. Pour in the 200ml stock, then stir in the soy sauce, peas and the chicken. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until reduced to create a thickish filling. Stir in the parsley, then spoon into 4 individual ovenproof dishes.
6. Spoon the mashed potato into a large piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle, then pipe a whirl on top of each pie to completely cover the chicken filling below. Alternatively, you can spoon over the potato in a rough heap. Grill under a preheated grill until golden brown. Serve with broccoli if liked.
Rate This Recipe