- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp thyme, leaves onlychopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, and a dash of white pepper
- 180 ml coconut milk, (use coconut milk powder with water)
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 6 allspice berries, (or ¼ tsp ground allspice powder)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 110 ml dry white wine
- 110 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp choppedfresh coriander, to garnish
1. Wash the chicken, season with the thyme, garlic, onion and salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
2. Mix the coconut powder and water to make milk. Add the scotch bonnet, allspice and spring onion and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes. Let the coconut milk simmer and reduce, but turn down the heat and add a little more powder if it is too thin.
3. In a large flameproof casserole or skillet, heat the oil and then add the chicken. Seal all the pieces of chicken by stirring them in the hot oil for about 8 minutes. Don't allow the chicken to get too brown or it will discolour your gravy.
4. De-glaze the pot with the white wine and stir for 2 minutes until most of it is absorbed. Add the thickened coconut milk and the cream, stir and simmer for another minute. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with coriander to garnish before serving.
Rate This Recipe