- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 1/8 tspgrated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- chicken breasts
For the sauce
- 100 g plus 1 tbsp peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 75 ml water
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
1. Add the garlic and ginger to a bowl, along with the lime juice, soy sauce, honey and peanut butter. Whisk together.
2. Put the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling film and use a rolling pin or mallet bash the chicken into thin escalopes, around 1/2 cm thick.
3. Slice each breast into 5 strips and toss in the marinade. Leave for 10 minutes.
4. To make the sauce put the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a small saucepan.
Warm gently, stirring constantly, until everything has melted together. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Remove from the heat, stir in 1 tsp of lime juice and set aside.
6. Preheat the grill to high. Thread the chicken strips onto skewers and put on a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Grill for 5 minutes, then turn and grill for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Carefully remove the skewers and put them on a plate.
Warm the sauce again and add an extra tablespoon of water if it has become too thick. Drizzle a little sauce over the skewers and serve the rest in a bowl, for dipping.
Rate This Recipe