- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225 g basmati rice, rinsed
- 225 g minced lamb
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 aubergine
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 115 g shelled peas
- 4 carrots, sliced
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Brush the chicken breasts with some of the oil and place in a small ovenproof dish. Grill for 20 minutes, turning once.
3. Put the rice in a saucepan with enough water to cover by the depth of your thumb.
Add salt, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low, then simmer for 10-15 until the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Fry the lamb in a non-stick frying pan until no longer pink. Stir into the cooked rice.
5. Meanwhile, heat a large cast-iron stovetop griddle pan.
6. Put the onions in the pan and sprinkle with the remaining oil. Sizzle until golden brown.
7. Remove the chicken from the grill and place on the griddle to sizzle, turning.
8. Boil the fresh vegetables until just tender ? they can be cooked together in a steamer basket set over boiling water.
9. When ready to serve, place the vegetables and the rice on either side of the chicken. Add a squirt of lemon juice for flavour and sizzle.
Rate This Recipe