- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g peanuts
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 40 g bean sprouts
- 100 g cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 4 large vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 50 g fine beans, cut into 2cm batons
- 75 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 3 birds eye chillies, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
2. Scatter the peanuts over a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until golden-brown. Allow to cool, then roughly chop.
3. Place the carrot, bean sprouts, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fine beans and mushrooms into a bowl and mix well to combine. Add the coriander, mint leaves and spring onions and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, the juice of one lime, one tablespoon of the peanut oil, and 1-2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce, to taste. Set aside.
5. Place the chicken breast in between two sheets of cling film and flatten using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Thinly slice the chicken into strips.
6. Heat the remaining peanut oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken and chillies for 3-4 minutes, then add the tamarind paste and sesame seeds, turning frequently, or until golden-brown all over.
7. To serve, drizzle the fish sauce dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Pile the salad onto a plate. Arrange the chicken over the top, then drizzle over any pan juices. Scatter over the roasted peanuts and serve with wedges of lime.
Rate This Recipe