- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- A selection of winter vegetables - carrots, turnips, potato & Savoy cabbage, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 litres chicken stock
1. Boil the winter vegetables until tender (15-20 mins)
2. Beat together the egg yolk and cream. Add the lemon juice and a little salt. Set aside.
3. Bring the stock to simmering point. Add the winter vegetables and warm through gently.
4. Serve in warmed bowls with a spoonfool of the creamy mixture on top.
Rate This Recipe