- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 each 900g chicken, corn-fed
For the stuffing:
- 1 large head garlic
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
For the grilled potato salad:
- 6 large Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm thick slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing:
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- lemon wedges
Tips and Suggestions
If possible buy the chicken removed from the bone with leg and breast held together, which gives 4 half portions.
1. Break up the garlic bulb into individual cloves. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the unpeeled garlic cloves and boil for 15 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
2. Peel the garlic cloves. Mash the cloves in a mixing bowl then mix in the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
3. Lay the chicken on a chopping board skin side down and stuff the garlic mixture between the meat and the skin of the breast and leg of the chickens. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
4. To make the grilled potato salad, first make the dressing. Mix together the chilli, garlic, parsley, wine vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the sliced potatoes and boil for 3 minutes; drain and thoroughly pat dry.
7. Place the potato slices in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, mixing thoroughly.
8. To cook, place the chickens on a preheated barbecue for around 10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Alternately, cook the chickens on a griddle pan or under a grill until cooked through.
9. Grill the potatoes on a preheated barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy.
10. Toss the grilled potatoes with the salad dressing.
11. Serve the cooked chicken with the grilled potato salad, lemon wedges and a simple salad.
Rate This Recipe