- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 chicken, around 1 kg in weight
- 115 g orache or spinach or parsley
- 115 g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- black pepper
1. Skin the chicken, keeping the skin in as complete a piece as possible. Cut all the flesh off the carcass and chop coarsely. Set aside.
2. Blanch the orache in a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, drain and squeeze out as much water as possible. Chop finely.
3. In a bowl, mix the chicken flesh, eggs, prosciutto, Pecorino and blanched orache and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Lay out the chicken skin on a piece of muslin larger than the skin. Place as much of the chicken mixture on the skin as possible, bearing in mind that you want to be able to wrap the skin around it and shape it into a loaf or fat sausage.
5. Wrap the muslin around the chicken mixture and tie it securely.
6. Place the package in a casserole and cover with cold water.
7. Slowly bring to simmering point, then simmer very gently for 90 minutes.
8. Unwrap, slice and serve.
Rate This Recipe