- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g stilton cheese, rind trimmed off and cubed
- 100 g walnut pieces
- 50 g dried apricots, chopped
- 115 ml sherry, plus extra for deglazing
- 1 bunch of tarragon, leaves pickled and chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 8 clove garlic, boiled and peeled
- 2 corn-fed chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 2 corn-fed chicken thighs, boned with skin on
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
For the salad:
- 2 courgettes, sliced lengthways into shavings using a peeler
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- squeeze of lemon juice
- olive oil, for drizzling
1. In a food processor, place the Stilton, walnuts, dried apricots, a tablespoon of sherry, tarragon, egg yolks and garlic cloves. Blend to a smooth paste.
2. Using a small sharp knife, cut a pocket in each of the chicken breasts and thighs. Fill each cavity with some of the Stilton mixture, sealing with cocktail sticks. Season each stuffed chicken portion with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
4. Heat the olive oil in a hob-proof oven tray. Add in the stuffed chicken portions and fry until golden on each side.
5. Transfer the chicken portions to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Toss together the courgette shavings, cherry tomatoes and spinach in a serving bowl. Toss with lemon juice and olive oil.
7. Remove the roast chicken and allow to rest.
8. On the hob, deglaze the roasting tray with sherry, scraping the pan with a spatula to remove the roasting residue.
9. Slice the chicken portions and place on top of the salad, then pour over the sherried roasting juices. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe