- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g cooked sushi rice
- black pepper
- 25 ml rice vinegar, or Mirin
- zest of 1 limes
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 limes, finely sliced
- splash of fish sauce
- 100 ml chicken stock
- flatbreads, to serve
- chopped coriander, to garnish
For the melon and lime chutney:
- 25 ml vegetable oil
- 5 g mustard seeds
- 2.5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cantaloupe melon, peeled and cubed
- zest and juice of 1 limes
- 75 ml rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 75 g dark brown sugar
1. First, make the chutney. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan.
2. Add in the mustard seeds, ginger and cayenne and fry 1-2 minutes, stirring now and then.
3. Add in the melon and cook 1 minute.
4. Add the lime zest and juice, rice vinegar and soft dark brown sugar.
5. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until 'jammy', stirring often.
6. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
7. Season the rice with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the vinegar and lime zest.
8. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a pouch in each chicken fillet.
9. Fill each pouch with the rice mixture.
10. Heat the oil in an ovenproof heavy-based frying pan. Add in the chicken and brown on all sides.
11. Add the lime slices, fish sauce and the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
12. Transfer the chicken in the pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
13. Garnish the chicken with coriander and serve with the chutney and flat bread.
Rate This Recipe