- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 chicken wings, kin on
- 40 g dates, stoned and quartered
- 20 g red onions, finely chopped
- 5 g butter
- 20 g brown sugar
- 50 ml port
- 2 tsp honey
- 60 g tips of asparagus
- 20 g mixed salad leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken wing through between the joints and discard the tips. Take the remaining two pieces of wing and, for each piece, chop the tips from the small ends and push the flesh down to the base of the bone, leaving the bone clear above.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, add in the chicken tulips and fry them until browned on all sides, stirring often, around 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken wings to a roasting tray and roast for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small frying pan. Add in the dates and red onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add in the brown sugar and port and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has melted and the mixture bubbles and caramelises.
6. Place the date mixture on a warm serving plate and top with the chicken wings. Drizzle the chicken wings with honey, garnish with asparagus tips and mixed leaf salad and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe