- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 chicken breasts
- olive oil, for frying
- 400baby g carrots
- 1 small bunches coriander, stalks reserved and leaves chopped
- 20 g butter
- 6 coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- blanched pak choi, to serve
1. Pan-fry the chicken breasts over a medium heat in a little olive oil until cooked through the flesh should be white and opaque all the way through.
2. Meanwhile wash and trim the tops from the baby carrots. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and have ready a bowl of iced water.
3. Add the baby carrots to the boiling water with the coriander stalks and boil for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refresh in the iced water; drain again. Discard the coriander stalks.
4. A few minutes before you are ready to serve, melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the coriander seeds, blanched carrots and pak choi and toss over a high heat until the carrots are lightly caramelised. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Drain off the excess butter and toss with the chopped coriander leaves before serving.
Rate This Recipe