- Serves: Serves 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small bulb fennel, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped mixed herbs, such as basil, parsley or mint
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of pancetta
1. Heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic, shallots, chilli and fennel and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the flageolet beans, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the herbs. Set aside.
3. Season the chicken well with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Heat a ridged griddle pan and grill the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side until firm when pressed with the back of a fork. Season well during cooking.
4. Meanwhile, grill the pancetta until crisp, then snip into large pieces with kitchen scissors.
5. Divide the bean mixture between serving plates. Arrange the chicken breasts on top, then scatter over the pancetta and serve.
Rate This Recipe