- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 4 chicken breast supremes
- 160 g gorgonzola cheese
- 12 thyme flowers
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1 bulbs garlic
- 80 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 30 g butter
- salt and ground freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- thyme flowers
1. Trim the chicken of any excess fat and cut away the flesh to expose the bone and give an attractive presentation.
2. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a pocket in the each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
3. Crumble the cheese and push inside the pockets. Fold the chicken over to close the pocket and press some thyme flowers onto the flesh of the chicken.
4. Wrap each breast securely with 2 slice of pancetta.
5. Wrap in cling film and leave to set for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
6. When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Remove the cling film from the chicken and season the breasts with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until coloured.
7. Add the garlic to the pan, transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to rest in a warm place.
8. Meanwhile, deglaze the pan with the wine and chicken stock. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until reduced and thickening. Correct the seasoning, strain through a fine sieve and stir in the butter.
9. Slice each chicken breast in 2 and arrange on plates. Garnish with sprigs of chervil and the thyme flowers and serve.
Rate This Recipe