- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g chicken breasts
- 80 g sliced onions
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2.5 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 red chilli, sliced lengthways
- 10 leaves holy basil, available in specialist Thai stores
1. Pound the garlic and chilli together into a paste. Heat the oil in a wok, over a medium flame, and stir-fry the paste for 10 seconds.
2. Add the sliced chicken and continue frying for 2 minutes, stiring all the time.
3. Tip in the onions and stir-fry for about 10-15 seconds and add the fish sauce, sugar and soy sauce, stirring continuously.
4. Add the stock, chilli and basil leaves and continue cooking for a further 10-15 seconds. Serve immediately, with rice.
Rate This Recipe