- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g diced chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, stalk removed, deseeded and chopped
- 3 medium field mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cm piece ginger
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3 hot chillies
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tin coconut milk
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
2. Return the pan to the heat with a bit more olive oil. Lightly fry the red pepper and mushroom until they begin to soften.
3. Add the browned chicken back into the pan, followed by the garlic, ginger, spring onions, lemongrass and chillies. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
4. Pour in the coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes over a medium heat. Add the fish sauce, muscavado sugar, lime juice and mint.
5. Serve with basmati rice and a garnish of mint leaves.
Rate This Recipe