- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 whole head garlic, cloves, skin on
- 1 handfuls thyme, fresh
- 2 cm knob of ginger, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 150 g spring greens, (or spinach leaves)
- 1 lemons, juice only
- 1 handfuls parsley, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
1. Heat the oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter together in a frying pan and fry the chicken breasts on one side.
2. Add the onions, garlic and fresh thyme. Stir in the ginger.
3. Turn the chicken over and smear with honey and mustard. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped spring greens and sprinkle with half of the lemon juice. Cook for further 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and place onto the plates. Remove the ginger from the pan and discard.
6. Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining lemon juice, chopped parsley and remaining butter. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bubble for a moment and then spoon over the chicken and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe