- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skin on
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, (also called wet or green garlic)
- handfuls flatleaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the fritti
- 375 g '00' flour
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm discs then each disc cut into 4 short, thick batons
- sunflower or vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 handfuls rocket, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. For the chicken: preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Bring a small pan of water to the boil and boil the garlic for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and peel then transfer to a food processor. Add the parsley and blend to a thick paste.
3. Push your fingers underneath the skin of a chicken breast to form a pocket then stuff with half of the garlic paste. Repeat with the other chicken breast and season the outside with salt and black pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a small ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat then add the chicken breasts, skin side down, and fry for 5-7 minutes until golden.
5. Turn the chicken over and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. For the fritti: while the chicken is cooking, tip the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour the olive oil into the well then whisk in enough warm water to make a batter the consistency of double cream.
7. Whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form then fold this gently into the batter. Stir in the courgettes.
8. Heat the sunflower oil in a deep fat fryer then add spoonfuls of the fritti mix to the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
9. Serve the hot fritti with the chicken and garnish with rocket and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe