- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken, cornfed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 pinches ground cumin
- a few strands of saffron, soaked in water
- 1 litres water
- black pepper
- 1 kg pitted mixed olives, crushed
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the chicken portions and fry until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add the remaining olive oil to the casserole dish and heat through.
3. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and cumin and fry gently, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the casserole dish and add the saffron, with its soaking water, and the water. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
6. Add the olives and simmer, covered, for 30-45 minutes.
Rate This Recipe