- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 125 ml white wine
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp tarragon
- 500 g tagliatelle
- black pepper
1. Fill a pasta pot or very large saucepan with water, add salt, then cover and leave to come to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large high-sided frying pan. Add the onion and gently fry over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until soft.
3. Raise the heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning, until lightly browned on all sides.
4. Stir in the white wine and bubble for a minute or two until reduced.
5. Pour in the cream and heat through. Add the tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Cook the pasta until 'al dente'. Drain thoroughly, then tip into a warmed serving dish. Arrange the chicken and sauce on top.
Rate This Recipe