- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 eggs
- 225 ml single cream
- 500 g asparagus, blanched
- 25 g tarragon, hopped
- black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100 g lardons of bacon, cooked
- 150 g stilton cheese
- 8-10 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 50 g cream cheese
1. To make the mousse, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shallots and garlic until soft.
2. Beat eggs and cream together in a mixing bowl.
3. Blend the asparagus and half of the tarragon with the shallots and garlic, and then mix with the cream mixture and season well.
4. Pour into small, greased dariole moulds, and then steam for about 15 minutes until set.
5. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and gently bash with a meat hammer or rolling pin until thin. Set aside.
6. Combine the bacon, Stilton, tomatoes, remaining tarragon and cream cheese. Spread on the breasts, roll up in cling film and then foil then poach for 25 minutes.
7. To serve, sit a mousse in the middle of each of four plates. Slice the chicken breasts and sit them around the mousse.
8. Top with baby rocket leaves and extra virgin olive oil.
Rate This Recipe