- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 red onion, diced
- a small bunch of thyme, finely chopped
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 60 g honey
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 8 chicken legs, boned with skin left on
- 200 g cooked pasta, (ideally fregula)
- 2 corn on the cobs, with husks still attached
- 175 ml chicken stock
- grated parmesan, to taste
For the Vinaigrette:
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 5 g Dijon mustard
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pomegranate, peeled
- black pepper
1. Mix together the onion, thyme, balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Toss the chicken legs with the onion mixture. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. Grill the corn cobs until charred on all sides. Peel off the husks and scrape off the kernels.
4. Heat a large griddle pan until smoking hot. Pat dry the chicken legs and cook on the griddle for 6-7 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, place the charred sweetcorn, pasta and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 5 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed. Add the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss together.
6. To make the vinaigrette simply whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Mix in the pomegranate seeds and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Serve the chicken on top of the sweetcorn pasta mixture, drizzled with pomegranate vinaigrette.
Rate This Recipe