- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunches white asparagus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175 g chicken breasts
- 4 banana shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, lightly bruised
- 225 g wild or field mushrooms
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
For the gremolata
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 lemons, grated zest
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Trim the asparagus stalks.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken breasts, skin side down for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the shallots, asparagus, garlic and mushrooms to the same pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, before transferring the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
4. Top with the chicken, skin side up. Season well and pour over the stock and lemon juice. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
6. For the gremolata, simply mix together all the ingredients and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven, scatter generously with the gremolata and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe