- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 1.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the chicken
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 chicken crown
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the roast potatoes
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp duck fat
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 30 g parmesan, grated
- small bunch chopped parsley
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g wild mushrooms
- 40 ml chicken stock
- 30 g butter
- 20 ml double cream
- 20 g sun-blushed tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 8. Carefully slide the butter under the skin of the chicken. Season, drizzle with olive oil and place into a roasting tin. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 190C/gas 5 and continue to cook for a further 35 minutes.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Cook in salted, boiling water for 8-10 minutes, until just softened. Drain and place into a baking tray.
3. Heat the duck fat and pour it over the potatoes. Season and scatter the rosemary evenly over the potatoes. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in the parsley and cheese and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the olive oil and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pour the chicken stock into the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
6. Stir in the butter and whisk until thick. Add the cream, bring to the boil and bubble for 3-4 minutes, until reduced.
7. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms and parsley. Season to taste.
8. Remove the chicken from the oven and rest for 5 - 8 minutes.
9. Carve the chicken into slices and serve with the roast potatoes and sauce.
Rate This Recipe