- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 500 g chickpeas, soaked overnight
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 peeled and left whole, one peeled and finely chopped
- Half a red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
1. Drain the soaked chickpeas. Place the chick peas and the whole garlic clove in a large saucepan.
2. Cover generously with water and bring to the boil. Cook briskly uncovered for 1 and a half hours to 2 hours until the chick peas are tender. Season with salt towards the end of the cooking period. Drain the cooked chick peas.
3. Toss the cooked chick peas with the remaining garlic, onion, cucumber, chilli, wine vinegar, parsley, mint and coriander.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve.
Rate This Recipe