- Serves: 4 as a main or 8 as a side
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, optional
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g spinach leaves
1. Heat a large deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and salt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
2. Add the chickpeas, 80ml water, cumin, turmeric and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, or until the water evaporates. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes to soften.
3. Remove from the heat, stir through lemon juice and taste for seasoning. Stir through the spinach leaves. Serve.
Rate This Recipe