- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g chicory
- 50 g gai choi leaves, (see cook's note)
- 2 oranges, 1 segmented, 1 juiced and zested
- rapeseed oil
- cold roast pheasant
- walnut oil
Tips and Suggestions
gai choi is also known as Chinese mustard, swatow mustard greens or mustard cabbage. Large, mature gai choys can be extremely peppery. The thick and fleshy stems are often used separately to the more pungent leaves. They can be preserved by salting or pickling in vinegar, or added to a soup.
1. Slice the chicory into a bowl and tear in the gai choi. Add the orange segments. Drizzle with a little rapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper and toss together.
2. Slice your cold pheasant into bite-size pieces of succulent meat and put on serving plates alongside the salad.
3. Combine the orange juice with a little walnut oil and seasoning. Pour over both the meat and salad. Shred over the vibrant orange zest and serve.
Rate This Recipe