- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 12 pecans
- 1 heads chicory
- 225 g cashel blue cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, very coarsely chopped
- a selection of salad leaves
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp hazelnut oil, or walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
Tips and Suggestions
For canapés, the cheese, nut and cranberry mixture can be spooned sparingly into the small chicory leaves.
Image credit: Rachel's Favourite Food for Friends Published by Gill & Macmillan, Dublin
1. To make the salad: toast the pecans on a baking tray at 180C/gas 4 for 5-10 minutes - don't leave them as they burn easily. When cool, chop or crumble them roughly.
2. Trim the chicory and separate the leaves
3. To make the dressing; Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a tight- fitting lid and shake vigorously to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Combine the cheese, nuts and cranberries in a bowl and toss with a little dressing.
5. To assemble the salad; add the chicory leaves to the salad leaves and toss with the remaining dressing. Add the cheese, nuts and cranberries and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe