- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 heads of chicory, outer leaves removed and core sliced into rounds
- 5 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 clementines, peeled and sliced into 6 rounds
- 1 small sweet chilli, finely sliced into rounds
- ½ pack of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika, such as pimentón de la vera dulce
- ½ lemons, juiced
- 50 g manchego cheese
Tips and Suggestions
This salad is perfect on its own, but also lovely with grilled chicken, salmon or any white fish.
This recipe was created in the pepper fields of Extremadura right next to the traditional smokehouses. The peppers Antony used were picked fresh ready to be smoked, dried then milled by Antonys supplier Jose Hernandez S.L.just outside Jaraiz de la Vera.
Watch the video to see Antony create the salad from scratch.
1. Add the chicory, radish, clementine slices, chilli pepper and the parsley to a bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil, sherry vinegar, the sweet paprika and lemon juice.
2. Add a pinch of flaked sea salt, and with clean hands mix the ingredients together in the bowl; hands are best to ensure all the ingredients are evenly mixed and the delicate chicory leaves are left intact.
3. Transfer the salad to a serving plate, layering all the ingredients so everything can be seen.
4. Sprinkle the manchego shavings over the top of the salad and drizzle again with the extra virgin olive oil and a final pinch of sweet paprika.
Recipe from Antony Bennett at La Tasca.
Rate This Recipe