- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter
- 2-3 red chillies, seeded
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- small bunch of fresh coriander
- 6 chicken breasts
- black pepper
- plain boiled rice
- fresh coriander leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas mark 7.
2. Place all the savoury butter ingredients, plus some salt and pepper, in a food processor and blend until well mixed and almost smooth. Chill if time allows.
3. Using a rolling pin, beat out the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film until thin.
4. Reserve a small amount of the savoury butter. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and spread the butter over them. Roll up tightly (like a beef olive) lengthways.
5. Take 6 pieces of foil, big enough to enclose one chicken breast in each. Rub any reserved butter over the foil and put a chicken breast in each piece. Season again, then fold the foil around the chicken and seal at the side by crimping together.
6. Put the chicken parcels on to a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until cooked through. Leave to rest for a further 10 minutes.
7. Lift the chicken out of the foil; slice the chicken breasts on the diagonal, ad spoon over the buttery juices. Scatter over a little fresh coriander and serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe