- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 4 ripe medium avocado, roughly chopped
- 1.2 litres cold vegetable or chicken stock, preferably home-made
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- black pepper
For the salsa:
- 1/2 small red onions, diced
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 small yellow or orange pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 small chilli, (optional), deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- generous pinch of salt
1. Purée the avocados, stock and lime juice in a blender at high speed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in sealed plastic container in the fridge for about 1 hour, or until chilled.
2. Put serving glasses or small bowls in the fridge to chill.
3. Meanwhile, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand at room temperature.
4. When ready to serve, pour the soup into the chilled glasses or bowls, and garnish with the salsa. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe