- Serves: 8-12
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 4 very ripe avocados
- 15 g onions, sliced
- 100 ml French dressing
- 2-4 tsp lemon juice
- 600 ml cold chicken stock, or vegetable stock
For the red pepper salsa
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, diced into 3mm cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed, diced into 3mm cubes
- 1 red onion, chopped, or 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 generous tbsp chopped coriander, (or mint or basil), plus some leaves
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 lemons, juice only
1. For the soup: peel and roughly chop the avocados and place in a food processor. Add the onion, French dressing and lemon juice, whiz to a purée, then pour in enough of the stock to bring it to the consistency of thick double cream. You may need more or less of the stock to achieve the desired consistency it needs to be thick enough so that the salsa will not sink when serving.
2. Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if needed. Push through a sieve then pour into a container for the fridge, cover and chill for 1/2 - 1 hour or up to about 4 hours before serving.
3. For the salsa: place the red and yellow peppers, onion, chopped coriander and olive oil in a bowl, mixing together and seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
4. When ready to serve, pour the soup into individual bowls with a spoonful of salsa added to the centre of each and scatter over the coriander leaves.
Rate This Recipe