- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1000 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped
- black pepper
- 01 lemons, juice only
- single or double cream, for swirling
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
2. Add in the onion and leek and fry gently until softened.
3. Add in the cucumber (reserving a little for garnish), mixing well, then mix in the flour. Cook gently, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in the stock and the bay leaves.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the bay leaves and add in the mint.
7. Blend the soup in a jug blender until smooth.
8. Gently heat through.
9. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir in the lemon juice.
10. Serve either hot or cold, garnished with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of the reserved cucumber.
Rate This Recipe