- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus up to 12 hrs marinating
- Effort: medium
For the melon soup
- 1 cantaloupe melon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 limes, juice only
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 3 basil
- shelled langoustines, 6 per person
For the dressing
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 3 basil
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 2 basil
- 3-4 sprigs basil
- drizzle olive oil
1. To make the melon soup: place the melon chunks in a bowl. Mix together the lemon juice, lime juice and sherry vinegar. Stir in the basil leaves and pour over the melon, turning the chunks to coat them in the marinade. Cover and ideally leave overnight.
2. Cook the langoustines in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes; drain and plunge into iced water.
3. To make the dressing: mix the sherry vinegar, olive oil, groundnut oil and basil leaves with a seasoning of salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the cooked langoustines.
4. Place the marinated melon in a blender or food processor and process until smooth
5. Mix together the crème fraiche and torn basil.
6. To serve: pile the langoustines in the centre of a bowl. Ladle the soup round the edge of the langoustines. Top with a spoonful of basil crème fraiche, a sprig of basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe