- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp blanched flaked almonds
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- about 7.5cm cucumber, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- black pepper
1. Heat a dry frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the flaked almonds and toast, stirring often, until well browned. Remove to a small bowl to cool.
2. Place the canned tomatoes, chopped pepper, cucumber and spring onion in a food processor or blender. Add half of the cooled almonds and coriander and whiz until smooth. Add the balsamic vinegar, plus salt and pepper to taste.
3. Thin to the desired consistency with a little water (the soup should be fairly thick) and whiz again. Divide the mixture amongst serving bowls, sprinkle with the remaining toasted almonds and some freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe