- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp mild red chillies
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate liqueur
- 3 free-range eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream, preferably from Jersey, lightly whipped
1. Melt the butter and chillies together and leave in a warm place to infuse for at least 30 minutes before straining.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a large bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted, before gradually adding the infused butter and chocolate liqueur.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks.
5. Add the sugar and continue to whisk, until the mixture is glossy.
6. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, taking care to retain as much air as possible. Spoon into 4 tall glasses and chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Top each mousse with a little whipped cream and serve.
Rate This Recipe