- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 large handfuls flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 750 g minced beef
- 2 pickled dill cucumber, finely chopped, or 2 tbsp chopped gherkins
- 6 seeded burger buns
- 125 g British Blue cheese, or 6 slices cheddar cheese, crumbled
- tomato ketchup, or mayonnaise
- 1 large handfuls mixed salad
1. Place the chillies and parsley into a food processor and tear in the white bread. Blend to the consistency of breadcrumbs; then transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Preheat the grill to hot.
2. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the egg, beef, pickled dill cucumbers (or gherkins) and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper - you may need to use your hands if you find the mixture difficult to stir.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 6 even-sized burgers with a thickness of no more than 1cm. Grill the burgers under the preheated grill or BBQ for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely browned, but still just a touch pink in the centre.
4. Split open the buns and place a burger on the base of each. Top with a slice of cheese and a squirt of ketchup or mayonnaise. Serve with salad.
Rate This Recipe