- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: medium
- juice of 1 lemons
- zest of 2 lemons, grated
- 4 green chillies, finely diced
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 chicken breast fillets, each 225g
For the sweet ginger dressing:
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp corn or peanut oil
- 2 tbsp preserved stem ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- zest of 1 oranges, grated
- 1 chilli, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the chilli banana salad:
- 3 green, unripe bananas
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 75 ml olive oil
- 75 ml white wine vinegar
- 75 ml corn oil or peanut oil
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 48 grapes
1. First prepare the chicken. Place the lemon juice and zest, chilli, garlic, onion, white pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano and peppercorns in a plastic bag. Gently mix together.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the bag, seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the chilli banana salad. Peel the green bananas and place in a saucepan. Add in just enough water to cover the bananas and poach until tender, around 3 minutes. Drain.
4. Cool slightly and slice. Place the poached banana, onion, olive oil, white wine vinegar, corn oil, chillies, sea salt, caraway seeds and grapes in a bowl and toss together.
5. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour 30 minutes. Drain just before serving and arrange on a serving plate.
6. Preheat the oven to 180?/gas 4. To cook the chicken, heat the oil in an ovenproof pan. Add in the chicken and brown on both sides.
7. Transfer the chicken to the oven and roast for 11-12 minutes. Drizzle the honey over the chicken and roast for a further 4-5 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the sweet ginger dressing. Place the vinegar, oil, stem ginger, stem ginger syrup, orange zest, chilli and sea-salt in a lidded jar. Cover and shake until well-mixed.
9. Serve the roast chicken with the chilled green banana salad and the sweet ginger dressing.
Rate This Recipe