- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 rashers rindless, smoked, streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g can baked beans
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese
- a few drops tabasco
- 375 g rolled puff pastry
- milk, for brushing
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and mix with the baked beans and diced cheese; add Tabasco to taste.
2. Open out the pastry and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles. Spoon the filling into the centre of each, then bring up the edges to enclose the filling. Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each pasty. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
3. Serve with salad and watch them disappear.
Rate This Recipe