- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg beef brisket
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Place brisket on a roasting tray and rub with olive oil and season with the salt. Roast uncovered for 2 hours at 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Place all the remaining dried ingredients into a mortar and pestle and mix. Then add Worcestershire sauce and mix until the rub represents a 'crumble'. Set aside.
3. Once beef is cooked, remove and rest uncovered until its cool enough to handle easily. Tear apart the brisket with your hands into long and chunky pieces, not too fine.
4. Cover the torn beef with all of the spice rub and rub until well coated. Pan fry on a high heat, adding just a small amount of olive oil, for 10 mins or until the beef is starting to really crisp up.
5. Serve on top of cucumber, natural yoghurt and mint salad.
Rate This Recipe